Extract from Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1929

Photograph Courtesy and Copyright © Martyn Smith 2002

The church of All Saints is a building of stone, in the Early English and Decorated styles, with Perpendicular windows and timber work, and consists of chancel, clerestoried nave aisles, north and south porches, a chapel contiguous to the north aisle and an embattled western tower containing a clock and 6 bells the chancel, which is Decorated retains a piscina and priest's doorway and has four windows with flowing tracery; the nave piers are Early English, dating from about 1180, but the clerestory is Perpendicular; in the tower is an aumbry with ancient oak doors: the north chapel, used as the burial place of the Bendyshe family, is of Perpendicular date: the nave is seated with open benches of the 15th century, handsomely carved, and the pulpit is enriched with Jacobean work: the font, a square basin of Norman date, stands on a Decorated base: the rood staircase is perfect : in the south aisle is a fine oak chest, bound with iron: the church plate bears the date 1569: the church was repaired during the period 1874-91 at a cost of £851 : the church tower was repaired in 1920 at the sole cost of C. M. Agnew esq. of Durrant's, Croxley Green, under the direction of Mr. Comper: there are 300 sittings. The register of marriages dates from the year 1570; baptisms, 1572; burials, 1570.

There is a Congregational chapel first founded in 1667, the present building being erected in 1856 on a site given by John Coleman esq. and holding 500 persons.